- For Mountain Biking Holidays they’ve developed a 9-point skills rating system and 5-point fitness system, with the help of one of our senior coaches and guides (see below)
- Once booked on a Ride, you’ll receive a Rider history survey that will further help us assess your suitability for your chosen Ride
- We follow up with a phone call if we think you might not be quite up to the challenge (or might be ‘over qualified’)
- And finally, if people do slip through and end up on a Ride that is too challenging for them, we’ll add a 3rd guide to the trip (if available, and they usually are) so that the main group can ride at their preferred pace (with 2 guides) while the 3rd guide rides with the slower group – everyone’s happy!
- Please read the following ability guidelines carefully, and if you are unsure if a trip is right for you, please contact us.
Ensuring our Mountain Biking Holidays are right for you, and ensuring you are ready for the physical and technical demands of a Ride, is of utmost importance to us. It helps ensure that you will be riding with people of similar skill level and won’t be holding up the group or won’t be held up by others and can ride at the pace you want to ride at. This is a challenge for the whole mountain bike tour industry, but here’s how our providers are addressing this issue: